The website is offered to you conditional on your agreement with these terms and conditions and your continued use of it signifies agreement with them in their entirety.
If you do not agree to these terms do not use this website.
These terms and conditions set out the terms and conditions on which we, The Pensions Management Institute (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘PMI’) will allow you to use this website.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
1. We do our best to ensure that the information in the website is accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot ultimately warrant the accuracy of that information and cannot be held liable for any use or reliance you may make of or put on it except as specifically agreed with us in any further agreement we may make with you in writing.
2. The information provided on the website, is general in nature, and is not intended as expert advice. You are advised to consult with a suitably qualified professional and to check product information for full details, changes and new information. You will indemnify PMI against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and costs arising from and in connection with your use and/or abuse of the website or user’s breach of these Conditions.
3. Any link (be it a hypertext link or other referral device) used on the website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that have links either to or from the website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that have these linked web sites and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
4. Any contract you may enter into for the supply of any of the goods or services comprised in the Member Benefit Scheme (â€˜Schemeâ€™) will be with the relevant service provider and not with PMI. Neither PMI nor any of their representatives, agents, affiliates or employees shall be liable to any party in respect of the Scheme. No warranty, express or implied, is given that the information detailed on the website is complete or accurate, nor that the Scheme or any of the services comprised in it is suitable for individual situations or fit for a particular purpose. All such warranties are expressly disclaimed and excluded.
5. PMI is not regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Authority. No advice or recommendations are expressed or implied by PMI in terms of individual providers or policies.
6. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
7. Access to and use of the website is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of the website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
8. Nothing within these conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury.
9. Where you deal as a consumer, nothing in the above exclusions affects your statutory rights.
Intellectual Property Rights
10. All Intellectual Property Rights and goodwill in or relating to the contents of the website belong to either ourselves or to our suppliers.
Your Use of the Website
11. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the website solely for personal use.
12. You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the website in any form unless it is for personal use.
13. You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
14. You may not frame or link to the website or any part of it without our express permission.
15. Where you have the opportunity to add or post content to the website (including any restricted area of the website) you must only do so to send messages and material that are proper and appropriate to it and you shall not do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of others
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any material which is obscene, indecent or unlawful
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters
- upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of confidentiality or privacy of publicity, where applicable) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of our or another’s computer
- upload files which contain an active hypertext link to another web site
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded
- falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded
- download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner
16. We shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove or suspend the whole or any part of any content which users add or post to the website without notice and without incurring any liability.
Purchasing Goods and Services
17. We offer the opportunity to purchase certain goods and services on the website, including payment for membership subscriptions. Please review all of the information which you intend to submit before you make payment. By submitting this information you confirm that all of it is accurate, true and complete.
18. If we accept your offer and agree to enter into a contract with you, we will keep a record of the transaction for a period of three years in the case of subscription payments and six years in all other cases.
19. The price means the relevant price for the goods or services which you are offering to purchase. Prices quoted on our website are in pounds sterling, and include VAT, delivery and processing charges where relevant.
Payment and Title
20. When you offer to purchase any goods or services from us on the website, by clicking the ‘Submit’ button you agree to these terms and conditions. By completing and submitting the electronic order form you are making an offer to purchase goods or services which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. We reserve the right to refuse your order and in which case you will be notified accordingly.
21. The price may be paid by accepted credit or charge/debit card. American Express and Diners cards are not accepted. The price will be deducted from your card if and when we have accepted your order. If your order is not accepted by us we will inform you.
Cancellation and Termination
23. We may (at our option) suspend performance of the services or terminate the contract at any stage if it appears to us that you have not complied with these Conditions.
24. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or vary the operation of our obligations to you if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, flood, storms, plant breakdown, strikes, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of material or suppliers or any other event outside our control; and we shall not be held liable for any breach of contract or in tort including delict resulting from such an event.
Warranties and Liability
25. We will perform any services with reasonable skill and care. Except as otherwise provided in these Conditions, and except where goods or services are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Conditions Act 1977), all warranties, representations and undertakings, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose and of non-infringement of the rights of a third party, are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where goods or services are sold to a person dealing as a consumer, nothing in these Conditions shall affect his or her statutory rights.
26. Our liability (if any) under these Conditions in respect of any defect in the goods or services or of any duty owed to you under the Conditions will be limited to the Price paid by you or if higher the amount available under any responding insurance policy.
27. The above limitations do not apply in the case of death or injury to any person.
28. We will use our best endeavours to safeguard the privacy of our users. Our data processing practices are explained below.
What do we use personal information for?
29. We may disclose your information, if required to do so by any legal or regulatory body. The Institute is registered under the Data protection Act to enable it to exchange information about you between itself, its subsidiaries and regional groups; administer examinations and correspondence courses; produce publications; and confirm your membership status and qualifications.
30. You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. To make sure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through training of our staff, we may monitor or record communications.
Information to improve our site
31. We collect information automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our service.